Some of us are blessed with kids who eat everything put in front of them and then there are others like mine who are picky about what they eat and that can interfere with their growth. These constant food battles can be taxing for the parent as well as the child.
As a parent, my primary concern is that my kids eat right, get the right kind of nutrition and stay healthy. Protein is one of the most important nutrients, especially during the growth years of a child. Parents should definitely keep a tab on the protein content that my kids consume.
Today’s recipe is perfect as an evening snack or a breakfast option or even your child’s school lunchbox. Made with ingredients that are rich in fibre and protein, makes it the ideal meal idea on my family’s meal plan. Pair that with a glass of Pediasure and you are sorted. The best part is that it is this can be pre-prepped, stays well in the fridge and is easy to digest. Just what busy moms need on busy mornings!
Watch the video to know what we’re cooking in the KSP kitchen today.
- Green Moong Dal – soaked overnight
- Onions – finely chopped
- Tomatoes – finely chopped
- Coriander Leaves
- Grated Ginger
- Salt to taste
- Put the soaked moong dal in a blender and grind to a dosa batter consistency.
- Add salt as per taste and a little bit of the grated ginger.
- Heat the tawa and put a spoon of batter on it and spread.
- Put a few drops of oil around the cheela so that it doesn’t stick.
- Once the batter starts to set, sprinkle the tomatoes, onions and green coriander leaves.
- Drizzle a few more drops of oil and flip the cheela to cook the other side.
- Once both sides have cooked, serve it with chutney, podi masala or whatever your family enjoys.
- Complete your meal with a glass of Pediasure milk.
Share your pictures and comments with us and let us know how much your family enjoyed this recipe.