Get Your Family To Enjoy the Meals You Cook For Them – Sign up to get access to a FREE Meal Plan, a Seasonal Grocery List & a Recipe
Today is World Chocolate Day!! Yes! These days exist also.
I don’t know many people who can say no to a good chocolate cake. However you like your chocolate cake, today is an excuse to indulge as deeply as you’d like!
So these are my top 3 chocolate cake recipe recommendations that you must try if you love chocolate and chocolate cake as much as I do. They are one-bowl chocolate cake recipes that are quick, easy, and delicious! Don’t forget to tag @kidsstoppress when you try these out and get rave reviews – we look forward to hearing from you.
Let’s start baking!!
Chocolate Molten Lava Cake
(Makes 6-8 cupcake size servings)
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- 100g Butter
- 150g Brown Sugar (or 12 tablespoons)
- 50g Flour (or 1/2 cup)
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Preheat the oven to 200° C.
- Butter the cupcake ramekins.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and add the butter to the bowl. Microwave for about a minute. Stir the chocolate and butter mixture in between. It should be smooth and have no lumps of chocolate. If need be, you can put it back in the microwave for another 30 seconds. You could use a double boiler to melt the chocolate and butter but it is more time-consuming.
- Once the chocolate mix is smooth, let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Once it’s cooled down a little, combine the sugar with the chocolate mix.
- Now add one egg at a time to the mix.
- The vanilla essence goes in next and then fold in the flour. Make sure you don’t overwork the batter.
- Pour the batter into the ramekins and put them in the oven for 12-14 minutes. The mini cakes should be set on the sides but wobbly in the middle.
Serve this warm with vanilla ice cream and strawberries on the side. When you break into the cake, the molten chocolate will come gushing out. Warm chocolate with cold vanilla ice cream is heavenly and will make your day!
Egg substitute: Instead of egg, you can also combine 1 tablespoon of flaxseed powder with 3 tablespoons of warm water for every egg you replace. Mix well and combine with the batter. If you do not get flaxseeds in powder form, buy the flaxseeds and powder it in a mixer
1 tablespoon flaxseed powder + 3 tbsps warm water = 1 egg