Do a deer, a female deer
Re, a drop of golden sun..
Oh, pardon me, I’m still recovering from watching the iconic Sound Of Music last night at the Nita Mukesh Ambani Cultural Centre. Kidsstoppress hosted the opening night of India’s 1st Broadway show, the Sound of Music at the Nita Mukesh Ambani Cultural Centre in Mumbai and it was just spectacular.
While watching musicals aren’t as widespread in India as watching movies or shows, the NMACC is changing that culture and we are loving it!
The Sound of Music is one of my favourite musicals and I remember singing all the songs with my sisters when I was growing up. Taking my kids to see it with me was like reliving my childhood while making new memories with my girls.
The production, the stage, and the sound of course were magnificent. They have truly left no stone unturned. Everything about the musical was magical! Well, the musical was fab, but so were the facilities and the hospitality.
A Few Things To Keep In Mind:
- Personally, I would recommend taking kids above 7 years as it is a 2-hour musical, and kids might get restless. However, if your child is musically inclined, they will love it.
- There are 2 shows available. I would recommend taking the earlier 3.30 PM show if your kids are young as the late evening show can disrupt their meal times and bedtime routine as it ends late.
- Do ensure the kids are well-rested if you opt for the evening show, so they could enjoy it. Also, wear warm clothes or carry a shawl as it tends to get really cold inside.
- There is a 15-minute interval in between. However, I think you should grab a bite before the show starts. That said, there is enough variety of food available inside and it is economically priced
- If opting for the evening show, come early so you get to witness the enthralling water fountain show too. The kids will be fascinated.
- If you will be going next week, I really urge you to get the kids familiar with the songs. Maybe you can watch some of the YouTube videos of the songs and the movie so the kids enjoy the production even more.
- The musical could also prompt some conversations about the Austria-Germany war. You could talk to them about it if your kids are older and curious about the back story to the Sound of Music. The story talks about family, love, finding one’s dream and of course music!
- My personal favourite at the Nita Mukesh Ambani Cultural Centre is the beautiful musical fountain outside. Really well done and such a stunning show outside.
Why Should You Take The Kids For The Sound Of Music:
The NMACC building itself is a sight to behold! And ‘The Grand Theatre’ truly stands to its title. The theatre is marvellous and huge.
Your kids will learn so much about how a musical production comes to life. It’s not only about the actors or the orchestra who are world-class might I add. But also about the role of lights, sounds, stage props and everything that goes behind each production. The whole show was extravagant, elegant and something my kids and I will remember for a long time to come.
If your kids are interested in theatre or acting, this will be something they will cherish forever.
Also, the children in the cast were just wonderful and highly talented. From Liesl to Gretl and the 5 kids in between each played their part so well. Each and every song was performed with emotions and passion. It is an experience your kids and you should definitely not miss out on.
I don’t know about the hills, but every heart in that theatre was surely alive with The Sound Of Music.
Book your tickets to the Broadway musical- The Sound Of Music now!