Do you have a fussy eater at home? I totally sympathize with you. Getting them to eat can be such an issue. And getting them to eat food which is healthy is even worse. I’ve learnt over the years that healthy eating shouldn’t be forced on kids. We just have to make food that appeals to them and cook with ingredients that appeal to us.
Do you like eating chaat? I know I do! When we smell the imli and dhania chutney most of us start drooling and craving a bowl of that chatpata food right?
Today we’re making a chaat recipe that is a terrific way to add protein in your child’s diet and it ticks all the right boxes. The kids get their daily dose of protein and the chaat will be polished off without any resistance. No more sad faces! This is an extremely versatile recipe and you can season it in so many different ways. Tell us which is your favourite combo?
Watch the video to know more!
- Bowl of rajma (kidney beans) soaked overnight and cooked
- Potatoes boiled and chopped
- Onion finely chopped
- Tomato finely chopped
- Coriander/dhania chutney
- Tamarind /imli chutney
- Black salt/Kala namak
- Chaat Masala
- Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Put the boiled rajma in a bowl. Make sure the rajma is soft and cooked well.
- Mix in the potatoes, onions and tomatoes and give it a good stir.
- Add the coriander and imli chutney based on how spicy or sweet your chutneys are and how your family likes it.
- Sprinkle in the salt and chaat masala as per taste. Mix it well. Adjust the seasoning.
- Put the rajma chaat into a bowl. Now top it with sev and fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve this will a glass of Pediasure and your wholesome evening snack with protein is ready,