Got a child who doesn’t like reading? Do you end up yelling or nagging them constantly? You are not alone.
Ruskin Bond, the veteran in children’s literary space explains how reluctant readers have been around for generations now and this has been a constant complaint from parents ever since he was a kid too! But don’t give up on the habit he cautions.
- We also ask him what does it take to be a successful writer?
- How does one measure success?
- How did he find his inspirations for his works?
- Does he feel the need to reinvent himself and his style of writing to stay in vogue with the current generation?
- And how does he continue to find them, even today, when he is 89 years YOUNG!
In this exclusive for Kidsstoppress, Mansi Zaveri, speaks to Ruskin Bond, award-winning author on what it takes to be a successful writer.
The key is reading, he says emphatically.
He speaks to us about his perception of success, and why reading is important for kids, even if it is something that not everyone does voluntarily.
For a detailed book recco list, curated by age for your child, get the KSP Book Club Subscription programme.
Don’t miss our Rapid Fire with Mr.Ruskin Bond. We must say he knocked it out of the park, in his true style.