There have been days when I have had bags in one hand, clutching my two kids with the other and I’m trying to cross the road. That’s when my mobile stuck in my bag rings incessantly. Now I’m one of those people who just has to pick up the phone and know who’s calling! But I couldn’t really let go of the things or my kids in the middle of the road. Needless to say, the moment we crossed the road I had to dig into my bag and search for my phone to see who had called. There have been so many days when I wished I had another set of hands!
I’m sure all of you must have experienced something similar at some point. Trying to multi-task and keep the kids in hand can be quite challenging. Have you all seen the spoof video of the mother on BBC who is multi-tasking while doing an interview on North Korea? If not, watch it here.
We are sure this mom is our everyday life summarised in a nutshell! Which is why as a parent, I find the Apple Watch a life-saver! My solution for a hassle-free life.
So Why Should You Choose To Buy An Apple Watch
There are a plethora of apps that are available on the Apple Watch that can make life easier for you and track your health goals as well. Some of the regular features worth mentioning are:
- Maps – You can get turn-by-turn directions on your Watch when selecting a route on your Phone. You don’t need to keep looking at your phone which is a serious road hazard.
- Workouts – Seven bite-sized workouts don’t require a gym membership or special equipment. You can launch these mini-routines right from the Apple Watch it’s like having a personal trainer right on your wrist.
- Scribble – Send and answer messages and emails quickly from your Watch
- Find my Friends – You can track the whereabouts of your family members from your Watch. You can send them directions or a message too.
- The other apps that parents will find useful are 1password; Feed Baby; Playkids; Tripadvisor and Timeless Meditation.
Why The Apple Watch Is AÂ Saviour For Moms Like You And Me
Image Source:Â https://cdn.macrumors.com
- One of the best features of the Apple Watch Series 2 is that it is waterproof. You can wear it in the pool while you swim and while giving your little one a bath. It is water resistant up to 50 metres underwater.
- The Scratch Proof feature is required with the kids around. Also since it is strapped to our wrist we never know how and where scratches appear from! Considering the cost you wouldn’t want anything to damage it.
- The Built-in GPS can be voice-activated and you can get precise directions to wherever you need to go. You don’t need to look at your phone to see which way to go. Your wristwatch gives you everything you need.
- It has a brighter and more readable screen even when outdoors, making it easier to read when out and about in the sun.
- It has a heart sensor which monitors your heart rate when you’re in fitness mode. Very important to keep an eye on this to make sure you’re not over-extending yourself while you work out.
- You do need an iPhone to pair with your Apple Watch, but it doesn’t have to be the latest one. An iPhone 5, 5s or 5C will work just fine.
The Apple Watch Series 2- 38mm is priced at Rs 32,900 while the 42mm is priced at Rs 34,900. But, as a parent, you know it is worth it!
Now I can cross the road with my hands full and just have my kids swipe my wrist to see who’s calling me!!
Image Source:Â to5Mac